Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Step In The Right Direction

Now this is the kind of thing I like to see.  A HMO offering a simple online program for their members to incorporate more walking into their lives.  I would guess that a lot of people tend to feel overwhelmed by all of the diet and exercise options available to us these days.  Hence, a lot shy away from trying anything at all.  But here comes an easy way to start yourself off that also adds some monetary incentive.  You know as well as I do that people will do just about anything to save a buck!  I am all for insurance companies adding healthy incentives to their clients.  I myself started getting yearly physicals just so I could get a discount on my health plan.  I say continue on with this positive reinforcement!  It's something we need as a group that has been continually hit with a lot of negative in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. This HMO sounds brilliant! It is very true that people are shy to try a workout regime that could be helpful to them. Walkingspree offers them an option that is not so intimidating and can be done with friends and family! Great article!

    ReplyDelete