Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yeah, There's An App For That

I would say that now I've seen everything, but with the way technology is advancing into new and innovative products for the masses, I'm sure tomorrow I'll see something else that's new and shiny.  But for today I bring you Meal Snap.  Now here's an app that lets you take a picture of your meal with your smartphone and then like magic, Meal Snap with give you an approximate calorie range!  As the article notes, it is a range and not anything exact.  It also doesn't necessarily take portion size or extra ingredients into consideration.  Despite all of this, I think this is a great tool to use when you're eating out and you need to have some idea of the damage you're about to do!  It looks like this is only available on the iPhone, but hopefully they'll expand it to work on Androids and Blackberries as well.  If any of you happen to have an iPhone and try it out, let us know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment